I am a mom of 2 boys: Zachary, age 7; Tyler, age 4and I am happily married for 9+ years!! This blog is a place to share stories, memories, and a place for me to just chat about my life as a mom, wife, nurse, friend, and daughter!
Thursday, September 1, 2011
First Day of school - and other updates
Today was a BIG day in the Franklin household!! Zachary started Grade 1!! I was so excited for him, as he NEEDS the learning structure that will come with grade 1! When I asked him what he was most excited about - he replied "learning to read, and math"! I can't wait for him to learn all he will learn! He definitely LOVES to learn!
The spikey hair - well that was his idea :) And the Riders shirt?? ALSO his idea!!
His poor backpack was so big and full and heavy...I made him carry it for a picture, then I carried it the rest of the way.
And of course - the traditional first picture outside the school doors... I think by this time he was getting VERY excited!!
And last but not least - the picture in his very own desk!! I think its obvious by the genuine smile that he has, that he is definitely excited!! (As compared to the fake smile i got in the first picture...)
So hard to believe that my first born is already in grade 1!! Im looking forward to seeing all that he will learn!! What I'm NOT looking forward to?? Packing lunches EVERY DAY!! Also...poor Tyler is sooo bored while Zach is gone. Every 20 minutes today he has asked "When can we go pick up Zachary? I miss my Zachary " ...melts my heart!!
On a totally side note - Zach has finally learned to ride on 2 wheels without his training wheels!! We took them off about 2 weeks ago, and he had NO problems going off on his own!! I didnt get a video of the first try - but it looked pretty much identical to the video i took on try #2!! As soon as I can figure out how to link myblog up to youtube..I'll share the video!!!
He LOVES His new freedom!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment